from R248 PPS
Located in the Royal Mountain Kingdom of Lesotho within the Tsehlanyane National Park, Maliba River Lodges are self catering retreats set in a pristine wilderness valley deep in the North of Lesotho's breathtaking Maluti/Drakensberg Mountains. Maliba River Lodges are situated at the junction of two rivers and offers modern, serviced accommodation which is perfect for families, groups of friends or even couples that want an affordable getaway where they can relax.
Over 5600 hectares of rugged wilderness mountain terrain is protected within this park, which includes one of the very few remaining indigenous old growth woodlands in Lesotho and a wide variety of flora and fauna which has historical significance to the Basotho people.
Guests can be accommodated in one of four private thatched river lodges Each River lodge is self contained with modern kitchen with separate lounge and dining areas as well as open wooden deck with river views. There are 4 bedrooms with the master bedroom being on-suite. The remaining carpeted bedrooms are upstairs. Under-floor heating and electric blankets create a comfortable living environment for guests during the cooler months.
Other accommodation that exists within Maliba Mountain Lodge’s concession area is the 5 star luxury Mountain Chalets. Guests here are accommodated in one of six private and luxurious Basotho-style chalets.
By special arrangement (subject to availability) guests can book a place to dine at the 5 star Maliba Mountain lodge, 1km away within the same concession area. Enjoy a sumptuous breakfast, healthy snack lunch or 3 course evening meal. Enquire with Maliba duty manager if you wish to treat yourself.
ALL RIVER LODGES HAVE THE FOLLOWING FACILITIES:
• 2 bedrooms with double beds and 2 bedrooms with single beds
• Modern kitchen
• Corner couches
• 2 bathrooms (1 on-suite) and 3 toilets
• Open wooden deck overlooking river junction
• Undercover upstairs veranda with river views
• Electronic personal safe in master bedroom
• Under floor heating
• Electric blanket
• Fully serviced
• Towels and linen
ATTRACTIONS NEARBY / THINGS TO DO :
The Activities at Maliba River Lodges offer guests a unique opportunity to explore the beauty of the tranquil natural surroundings.
• As Maliba River lodge is situated within a private leased area of Tsehlanyane National Park we have on our doorstep several secluded marked mountain bush trails & bridle paths for exploration. On going exploration continues into remoter parts of the park and further trials will be accessible over time.
• Tsehlanyane National Park is blessed with an abundance of fresh clean water emanating from the pristine un-spoilt mountains. Many rock natural pools exist for swimming, exploring and relaxing by.
• Plant species richness is very high within the park and provisional estimates are that in excess of 220 flowering plant species are present. Best time to view these is from spring to summer
• Of some 24 mammalian species recorded in the Highlands area many are resident (although elusive) within the park.
• Limited surveys undertaken by field staff on birds within the park show a provisional list indicating the presence of some 69 species. Any additions to this list are welcome.
• Guided horse riding is available on local Lesotho ponies by prior arrangement, renowned for being firm underfoot even on the rugged slopes of the Lesotho mountainside.
• One of the last remaining old growth indigenous Lesotho woodlands is to be found within the park
• 3km from the lodge are several natural Basotho villages where one can safely wander and explore everyday life. If you prefer to be shown around by an experienced local guide, guided walks can be arranged into this area
• Afriski is situated 2 hours drive from the lodge and is Africa’s highest ski resort (seasonal between June-September). Our reservations team can organize skiing packages to here when in season or just take a day drive and a picnic lunch.
• Liphofung caves and museum is 1 hour drive from Maliba.Originally used by the San and other Stone Age people, the walls contain important rock art and a rich archaeological deposit of Stone Age implements occurs on the floor. Later, King Moshoeshoe “the Great” used the cave as a stopover when visiting that part of the kingdom.
• Katse dam is 3 hour drive away and has the highest dam in Africa
• Bokong Nature Reserve is roughly 2 hours away and is perched on the edge of a cliff overlooking the Lepagoa Valley, the visitor centre has a picnic site and interpretative trail to the top of the Lepaqoa Falls.
• Fossilised dinosaur footprints are found on the banks of the Subeng River very close to Butha Buthe with is ¾ hour away.
• Clarens is situated in South Africa just 1 hours drive from the lodge and is an artists' haven with many well-known artists either living in or frequenting the village on a regular basis with many art galleries scattered around the village square. The tranquil village ambiance combined with scenic views and a mild summer climate makes for the ideal for a visit.
PLEASE NOTE : R 85.00 Additional Cost per person per night, Children under 5 years stay FREE ROOM DESCRIPTION: Guests will be accommodated in one of four private thatched river lodges. Each River lodge is self contained with modern kitchen, separate lounge and dining areas as well as open wooden deck with river and mountain views. There are 4 bedrooms with the master bedroom being on-suite. The remaining carpeted bedrooms are upstairs. Under-floor heating and electric blankets create a comfortable living environment for guests during the cooler winter months.
|January||2013||R 1980||R 248|
|February||2013||R 1980||R 248|
|March||2013||R 1980||R 248|
|April||2013||R 1980||R 248|
|May||2013||R 1980||R 248|
|June||2013||R 1980||R 248|
|July||2013||R 1980||R 248|
|August||2013||R 1980||R 248|
|September||2013||R 1980||R 248|
|October||2013||R 1980||R 248|
|November||2013||R 2119||R 265|
|December||2013||R 2119||R 265|
Rates are deemed correct at time of publication and may fluctuate depending on supply and demand. Establishments maintain their rates online and any differences should be referred to the Establishment’s staff. Quotations once accepted are binding.
All credit cards are accepted when paying through Sleeping-OUT.