From R4400 PPS
Kariega is a malaria-free Big 5 family owned and operated private game reserve set in 10,000 hectares of pristine African Wilderness. The reserve spans across five different eco-systems (riverine forest, valley Bushveld, savannah grasslands, fynbos and acacia woodlands) and incorporates the picturesque Kariega and Bushman's Rivers. In addition to the Big 5 (lion, elephant, leopard, buffalo, rhino), there are more than 25 species of game including hippo, hyena, giraffe, zebra, wildebeest, waterbuck, nyala, kudu, warthog and a variety of other antelope. Over 280 species of birds have been identified, including Martial, Crowned and Fish Eagles.
Situated in the coastal belt of 1820 Settler Country in the Eastern Cape province of South Africa, just 10 minutes from the beach village of Kenton-on-Sea and 80 minutes drive from Port Elizabeth. The reserve is a natural extension to Cape Town and/or a trip along the Garden Route.
RIVER LODGE ACCOMMODATION:
River Lodge is a unique lodge built on the banks of the Bushman's River and comprises 10 superbly appointed spacious, air-conditioned thatched suites.
The lodge, which overhangs the river, offers exclusivity, comfort and spectacular views and includes a stunning outdoor pool. Satellite TV in main lodge. Unique features include daily boat trips to the Kenton beaches and excellent river fishing. No children 10 years and under.
River Lodge is ideal for FIT's and small groups who are looking for that little bit extra in terms of luxury and exclusivity.
Kariega is unique in it's offering of a diversity of activities which include:
- Morning and late afternoon/evening game drives in open vehicles with experienced game rangers
- River cruises on both the Bushman's and Kariega rivers
- Guided bush walks
- Visits to the nearby beaches of Kenton-on-Sea
UNIQUE SELLING POINTS:
- Family owned and managed
- Malaria free
- Variety of luxury lodges
- Prolific game viewing, including the Big 5
- Amazing unique activities (Game drives, river cruises, guided bush walks and canoeing)
- Dramatic landscape incorporating 5 different eco-systems and 2 major rivers
- Proximity to the sea and beaches
- Social and conservation responsibility
Kariega is situated in the coastal belt of 1820 Settler Country and offers the following local attractions:
- Visits to Grahamstown, Salem, Bathurst and Port Alfred with their rich historical heritage
- Golfing on the Gary Player designed Fish River Sun course a mere 45 minutes drive away or the famous Royal Port Alfred course 30 minutes drive away
- Trips to the nearby beaches
All credit cards are accepted when paying through Sleeping-OUT.