International Tequila Festival 2019
International Tequila Festival comes to Cape Town and takes place at Hamiltons Rugby Stadium in Green Point from 1 - 3 November 2019!
Put your Mexican Sombrero’s on and get your dancing shoes out for Cape Town’s first ever International Tequila Festival 2019. The event will feature 30 Tequila, Mezcal and other Agave spirits. The festival will be running over three days. It will be a rocking Mexican fiesta with food, drinks, music and masterclasses showcasing the best Global Tequila & Agave Brands in the Mother City. The festival will be running over three whole days! So if you are an aficionado or just sampling for the first time, you’ll have ample time to check it all out!
Did you know: Tequila & Mezcal are spirits from the Agave plant and have a geographical trademark for manufacturing in Mexico. However, we have our own local production here in South Africa! Step up Karoo Agave Distilleries who will parade their local craft produce in the festival expo area.
It’s a great opportunity for all the Tequila Loving Capetonians to taste, appreciate and learn from the makers of these fine brands and brush up on their agave appreciation.
The Festival will showcase:
- Masterclasses - where you will learn the art of Tequila cocktail making, information about the origins of agave & tequila, direction of the industry & future trends.
- Live agave processes to further your understanding of where this magical liquor comes from.
- Food & spirits pairings, so you can harness all the flavours.
- Mexican cook-offs like a mini Masterchef.
- Chilli-offs for those of us who can handle the heat!
- Mechanical bull riding to get us a little more yeeeehaaa!
- And last but not least an impressive line-up of local South African bands & Djs - after all tequila is a party drink. So let’s PARTY!
Festival goers can taste amazing brands like Sierra, Herradura, Olmeca, El Jimador, Don Julio, Patron, Altos, Ponchos, Espolon, Fortaleza, Avion, Montelobos, Kah, Leonista, 4th Rabbit and 16 more different bottles!
This is not an event you want to miss since the Super early birds are selling at R150 only & you get 8 Tasting Vouchers for Tequilas & Cocktails.
While care has been taken to ensure that information contained on the Sleeping-OUT website is true and correct at the time of publication, changes in circumstances after the time of publication may impact on the accuracy of this information. Sleeping-OUT gives no warranty or assurance, and makes no representation as to the accuracy or reliability of any information or advice contained on the website, or that it is suitable for your intended use. Sleeping-OUT recommends always confirming the details of the event with the organiser before booking accommodation.