KZN Midlands Experience Festival 2014
The KZN Midlands Experience 2014 gives visitors the opportunity to experience all that the Midlands has to offer at the most festive time of year. The KwaZulu-Natal Midlands is located between the magnificent Drakensberg mountains and is a popular tourism route with its spectacular scenery, art galleries, antique stores, an African-inspired shopping mall, interesting buildings, Butterflies for Africa, the Golden Horse Casino, the Howick waterfall and a museum.
The KZN Midlands Experience festival is taking place from 12 - 21 December 2014 at the Midmar Dam in the Midmar Nature Reserve.
The festival consists of a number of sub-festivals including:
- The Midlands Braai Day, where for a full 24 hours there will be a mass braai at Midmar Dam featuring a live performance by Mango Groove, helicopter rides, a kid's play and activity programme, food, wine, beer and of course - fun in the sun for the whol family.
- A wine festival, which will take place from 16 - 20 December 2014. Expect wine tastings, food and wine pairings, a workshop on 'mastering wine' and opportunties to buy yourfavourite wines at excellent prices. There will also be live music to keep you entertained and set the mood.
- A beer festival from 16 – 20 December 2014 where visitors will enjoy the experience of tasting different local and international Beer. This event compliments the Braai Day and daily entertainment.
- A fashion extravaganza from from 17 – 20 December 2014 showcasing the diversity in Fashion Design. The mini festival in partnership with SABC's Top Billing will feature international and local designers with countries like Nigeria, Ghana, Morocco, DRC, Seychelles, Italy, France, USA, China, Saudi Arabia and more taking part. You'll be able to buy some of the top-classfashion, shoes, jewelry, handbags and make-up on display and from stalls. You might even meet a celebrity or two.
- Diva Day on 21 December 2014, where KZN's finest talent in the design sector will be shw cased. 40 of KZN’s most beautiful models and some of SA's best designers will put on a fashion show to end all fashion shows alngside Midmar Dam.
Other activities throughout the 9 day festival include:
- Helicopter rides - in addition to views of the breath-taking Midlands Meander, the trip will feature a flight over the Mandela capture site. Helicopter rides will betaking place on 13, 16 and 21 December 2014
- Jazz Performances
- A Kids Zone with packed with fun-filled activities such as karaoke, jumping castles, animal farms, face painting and pony rides
- Theatre perfomances including musicals, ballets, operas, poetry and comedy.
- A performing orchestra
- Dance competitions with street dance, hip hop, ingoma, ballet and more.
- Theatre Show competitions with poetry, drama, comdedy and more.
- The KZN Midlands Experienc MTB race on the 14th of December 2014
- Jet Skiing series featuring international riders from 14-20 December 2014. Fun rides will also be available
With so much to see and do, this is a perfect time to head on over and 'experience' the Midlands.
Please click map for interactive version.
While care has been taken to ensure that information contained on the Sleeping-OUT website is true and correct at the time of publication, changes in circumstances after the time of publication may impact on the accuracy of this information. Sleeping-OUT gives no warranty or assurance, and makes no representation as to the accuracy or reliability of any information or advice contained on the website, or that it is suitable for your intended use. Sleeping-OUT recommends always confirming the details of the event with the organiser before booking accommodation.