rAge 2016 - Johannesburg
Each year, the event attracts enthusiastic gamers for three days of gaming, technology, gadgets, shopping, and more much more. Two years ago, the much-loved expo claimed the title of Consumer Exhibition of the Year at the annual EXSA Awards.
Here is a taste of what to expect at rAge 2016:
• console (Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo) and PC gaming
• computer hardware and software
• gaming retail stores
• gaming apparel and accessories
• local game development studios (independent games)
• eSports events
• international game developers (on the stage and behind closed doors)
• media and creative arts colleges,
• graphic art signings
• comic books (such as Superman and Batman,
• cosplay (people dressing up as their favourite fantasy characters)
• digital lifestyle gear (micro drones, 3D printing and gadgets)
You can buy new games and consoles, chat with local comic book artists, or even take selfies with the cosplayers. The show also allows you the opportunity to try out new accesories and test-run new games before you purchase them - essentially a platform to touch and feel, try and experiment.
There will also unlimited supplies of food and drink to keep you going for the day. For 2016, rAge ticket prices for both Cape Town and Johannesburg will remain the same as they were last year.
Please click map for interactive version.
While care has been taken to ensure that information contained on the Sleeping-OUT website is true and correct at the time of publication, changes in circumstances after the time of publication may impact on the accuracy of this information. Sleeping-OUT gives no warranty or assurance, and makes no representation as to the accuracy or reliability of any information or advice contained on the website, or that it is suitable for your intended use. Sleeping-OUT recommends always confirming the details of the event with the organiser before booking accommodation.